Lifestyle Investor Mexico City Experience
Mexico City (March 14-18th, 2024)
Embark on an exhilarating 4-night journey to Mexico City, a pulsating hub of culture and history, under the expert guidance of Lifestyle Investor Member Stephen Backholm. This adventure promises a deep dive into the city's rich heritage, tantalizing cuisine, and historical marvels. The itinerary, carefully crafted for a blend of exploration and relaxation, includes visits to iconic landmarks, immersive cultural encounters, gourmet culinary experiences, and enriching discussions.
You're in for a treat with the ideal weather conditions during your stay; expect pleasant daytime temperatures in the high 70s (Fahrenheit). A highlight of this time of year is the breathtaking sight of Jacaranda trees in full bloom, adding a magical touch to your captivating escapade.
From March 14th to 18th, 2024, join us for a Mexico City expedition like no other. Our tailor-made itinerary is designed to offer authentic, memorable experiences, encompassing the heart and soul of this mesmerizing metropolis through its food, art, and history. Don't miss this chance to witness the vibrant spirit of Mexico City in all its glory.
Day 1: Arrival in Mexico City & World Class Cocktails
- Afternoon/Evening: Arrival at Mexico City International Airport. You’ll be greeted by a private driver to effortlessly deliver you to the 5-star JW Marriott Mexico City Polanco where you will be staying in an Executive Level Room with view of the city. This room also comes with Executive Lounge Access.
- Cocktail Welcome Reception: Greet your fellow travelers for a welcome cocktail reception at Licoreria Limantour, the seventh highest rated bar in the world. Located in the vibrant Roma Norte neighborhood, this split-level bar is buzzing with energy and is led by Benjamin Padron and Jose Luis Leon.
Day 2: Historic Center Exploration & Grand Dining
- Morning: Enjoy breakfast at Sendero at the JW Marriott, then visit the Zócalo, Mexico City's main square, explore the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral, and the National Palace.
- Afternoon: Meet for lunch at the Cityzen Rooftop Kitchen and enjoy both a culinary experience and incredible sweeping views of the city. Then experience an expert guided tour of the Museo Nacional de Antropología exploring ancient Mayan and Aztec artifacts.
- Evening: Enjoy dinner at Quintonil. Currently ranked No. 9 on the World’s 50 Best Restaurants List, Quintonil is the setting for chef Jorge Vallejo’s boundary-pushing Mexican cuisine and his wife Alejandra Flores’ exceptional hospitality.
Day 3: Ancient History and Culture, Inventive Mexican Cuisine, & Speakeasy
- Morning: Enjoy breakfast at Sendero at the JW Marriott. Visit Teotihuacan Pyramids. Explore the Pyramid of the Sun and Pyramid of the Moon. This excursion will be professionally guided by a local historian.
- Afternoon: Lunch at the cave restaurant La Gruta. Travel back to JW Marriot. Enjoy an afternoon wandering and shopping in Roma Norte.
- Evening: Dine at Restaurante Rosetta. Rosetta is led by Elena Reygadas and offers world-class artisanal Mexican fare in a distinctive space. It was also recently named as one of the top 50 restaurants in the world.
- Late Night: For those wanting to continue the evening, we’ll enjoy cocktails at Handshake Speakeasy with an unpublished address and secret entrance. It was recently voted as one of the top three cocktail bars in the world.
Day 4: Chapultepec Castle & Memorable Dining
- Morning: Enjoy breakfast at Sendero at the JW Marriott. Visit the Palacio de Bellas Artes in Cuauhtemoc.
- Afternoon: Lunch at Malix in Polanco. Head to Chapultepec Castle in Chapultepec Park, enjoy the panoramic views of the city.
- Evening: Farewell dinner at the renowned Parole Polanco. We’ll enjoy a world-class Italian dining experience featuring hand-made pastas and fresh fish and seafood.
Day 5: Final Glances & Departure
- Morning: Enjoy breakfast at Sendero at the JW Marriott.
- Mid-Morning: Depending on your flight time, do some last-minute souvenir shopping or stroll the streets and soak in the culture.
- Afternoon: Private transport will take you back to the Mexico City International Airport (MEX) for your journey home.
Trip is limited to 10 people including the host. There will be three (3) double occupancy slots and three (3) single occupancy slots. Single occupancy is $5,797 USD and double is $9,297 USD. The full fee is due at booking.
The trip fee covers everything except your flight to/from Mexico City International Airport.
Lodging & Board
- Four (4) nights at the 5-star JW Marriott Mexico City Polanco (Executive Level Room).
- JW Marriott Executive Lounge access for the length of your stay.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners listed in the itinerary (inclusive of all drinks (some limits apply)).
- Private guided tour of Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral and National Palace.
- Private guided tour of Museo Nacional de Antropología.
- Private guided tour of Teotihuacan Pyramids.
- Private guided tour of Palacio de Bellas Artes.
- Private guided tour of Chapultepec Castle.
- Private transfer from Mexico City International Airport (MEX) to JW Marriott.
- All required ground transportation while in Mexico City.
- Private transfer to and from Teotihuacan Pyramids.
- Private transfer from JW Marriott to Mexico City International Airport (MEX).
Other items included:
- All tips at restaurants, tips to guides, drivers, etc.
- International flight to/from Mexico City International Airport (MEX).
- Refreshments, bottled drinks and bar bills outside standard itinerary/scheduled meals.
- Cocktails, wine, and spirits beyond selections.
- Optional/alternative or suggested activities.
- Personal expenses and tips for hotel staff.
- Extra expenses in hotels: spa, laundry, minibar, telephone calls, etc.
- Tickets to tourist attractions not included in the itinerary.
- Any extensions before or after the trip.
Please note that due to the nature of the trip and the size of the group, we can only allow cancellations and refunds if we can find a replacement for your spot.
We do our best to reserve and attend all named destinations and restaurants on the itinerary but have the discretion to adjust venues if needed based upon availability and/or preference.